Welcome to our Practice website
Avon Valley Practice is well established having started before the NHS existed. The Practice now operates across two surgeries along the Avon Valley. The main surgery is based in Upavon and the branch surgery in Durrington.
We are proud of the services we provide and hope we are able to fully support the health needs of you and your family. Treatment is available both on the NHS and privately for a wide range of general medical problems. Please refer to the Patient Guide to GP Services for further information.
We hope that you find the website informative and useful. We are continually looking to develop our services and welcome any comments you may wish to make.
Requesting Repeat Prescriptions
Please request repeat prescriptions using one of the following:
- Online (please visit either surgery to get a username and password if you don't already have an online account. Please bring photo ID with you to register)
- By post or fax (01980 630393)
- In person
- Using the secure drop off box at Netheravon shop
- By telephone if you are aged 80 or over, housebound, a registered carer with the Practice or aged 12-15.
TPP and QRISK2
We use TPP and are aware that QRISK2 has been calculated incorrectly using this software. We will review the medical records of patients affected once they have been identified. Please be reassured, it is only one part of the overall assessment when considering whether or not to recommend the use of a statin.
Durrington surgery has reopened following extensive improvements! Please do take a look!
Importantly, normal service has resumed!
1. GP walk-in service on MONDAY MORNINGS at both Upavon and Durrington If you arrive at the Surgery before 1100am you will be seen by a GP or our new Nurse Practitioner, Lindsay Perrin. The service will work on a first come, first served basis. Please understand that although you will be seen, you may need to sit and wait
2. Later opening times at Durrington Surgery. The new opening times are 0800 to 1300 and 1400 to 1830, Monday to Friday. You will still be able to telephone the Practice between 1300 and 1400
3, Evening appointments at Durrington Surgery from 1830 to 1930
4. Self-check in facilities at both Upavon and Durrington You can now book in for your appointment without having to queue at reception
5. Lunchtime opening at Upavon Surgery. The new opening times will be from 0800 to 1730, Monday to Thursday. You will still be able to telephone the Practice between 1730 and 1830
6. Friday opening at Upavon Surgery. The new opening times will be from 0800 to 1830.
(Site updated 06/07/2016)